September 7, 2021

Tour Report: The Farm of Seven Tractors

During our short tour to Denmark in October of 2018, we also visited an abandoned farm. I had gotten a tip regarding this place, and upon hearing that the barn was hiding some neat old vehicles, I got curious. So we decided to check it out.

It was a drive of only about 30 kilometers from the abandoned mink farm that had been our first exploration of the day. It was a warm and sunny Sunday, so we had a nice little drive across the picturesque Danish countryside until we arrived at the place. It was tough finding a spot to park without driving right up to the barn, but we did manage to find something between some bushes, so that our car was mostly hidden from suspicious eyes.

There was one farmhouse and a large barn. We first walked around the farmhouse trying to find an open door, an open window, a basement door - anything that would allow us to get inside. However, we didn't get lucky; the place farmhouse was tightly locked, and there was no way in.

The barn was entirely different. The door was open, and we could walk right in.

Upon entering, we spotted an old stable. There were four tractors, most of them Fergusons from the late 1950s (I think - but I'm not a tractor expert, so I might be wrong). Judging by the rust and dust they had collected, none of them had seen any farm action for at least ten or fifteen years, so in terms of rust and decay, this place was already a success.

As we went into the second part of the barn, we couldn't believe our eyes - there were three more tractors and even two old Volkswagen Beetles!

It's always great to find a Beetle, especially from the earlier years of construction, but in this case, what excited me more was the Zetor tractor that we found. Not that I know anything about these tractors except that they are manufactured in the Czech Republic - but when I was in Helsinki (Finland) during my Navy years, I visited a bar called "Zetor" that belonged to the Finnish band "Leningrad Cowboys". It was a legendary evening, and that's why I still have a good feeling whenever I see a "Zetor" tractor!











































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...