This neo-renaissance style mansion was built around 1880 and was the declared favorite estate of the grand ducal family since 1847.
It was the third location we visited on that particular Saturday.
Duke Friedrich Franz II. had this castle built according to plans of a famous architect. The castle and the estate remainded the property of the grand ducal family until 1945.
From 1946 until 1995, the castle was used as an educational institution for forest rangers and forest managers.
Next to the spectacular flight of stairs in the center of the mansion, the stuccoed ceilings and the excellent woodwork really are worth noticing!