During the 1930s, the son of the owner, who had learned the trade in Mecklenburg, imported the "Siberian Butter" and introduced it to this part of Germany. It was the ideal fat for bakeries and pastry shops.
The founder died in 1941, and both his sons were drafted for the war in 1939 and 1943.
After the war, the sons ran the business, but the mother was firmly in control until 1968, when she turned 80.
In 1952, almost the entire dairy company was torn down and rebuilt.
During the 1970s and later years, the company's downfall began with the death of small corner shops, which lead to a collapse of the profits of the dairy wholsale business.
The company itself was too small to keep up with the ever-expanding market of large businesses, supermarkets and discount stores.
In 2004, the company filed for bankruptcy and production stopped in 2005.
There are plans to build apartments or a supermarket on the premises, but no final decision has been made.