November 23, 2013

No Milk Today - The Dairy Company (Part 3)

As I've mentioned in my first post about this dairy company, it was originally founded in 1909 as a wholesale store for milk and butter.
After World War I, at the height of the inflation in 1922, the owner purchased an old paint factory that had been built in 1915, and cooperated with a trucking company that had exclusive rights to collect milk in the surrounding areas, which he brought to the "new" factory.
In the beginning, business was improvised in the old rooms of the paint factory, and in 1932, the factory was modernized for the first time.
The company got a new name and a new boiler house with a big quadrangular chimney.

In the next post, I will continue telling the story, but for now, I'll leave you with the next load of pictures.







































Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...