July 19, 2014

Sanatorium X (Part 2)

The sanatorium was taken over by the City of Hamburg in 1925 and used as a children's hospital until in 1945, short after the war, the hospital was nationalized by the East German government.
The hospital was closed after the German reunification in 1990 and has been abandoned ever since.

From the entrance hall we went into the building, only to find it in a desolate shape. Vandalism and decay have taken their toll.
A lot of the stairs are pretty unstable and some of the floors are starting to move beneath your feet.

But the green trees outside, the windows, the doors  and the decay on the walls made for some really nice scenes.

Part 1 | Part 2


  1. ...und wenn sie nicht gestorben sind, stehen sie heute noch an den waschbecken... ;o)

    1. Man kann immer noch das Wasser plätschern hören ;)

  2. Wie immer ... sehr cool !!

    Grüße und einen tollen Rest-Sonntag


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...