The history of the company that owned this factory reaches back as far as 1857, when the company was founded by a pharmacist who had discovered chocolate as a valuable luxury product during his studies. He hired an Italian chocolate maker and together they manufactured and sold up to 400 bars of chocolate a day in the pharmacy.
The products that exist today still carry the same brand name as the chocolate bars more than 150 years ago.
To cut a long story short, the chocolate was widely successful, the company expanded and opened up this factory in northern Germany in 1951.
In 2010, the production was moved abroad and the factory was closed down.
Here are the next photos.