November 23, 2011

Monster Magnet - Live at Huxley's Neue Welt Berlin, 2011-11-21

I have seen Monster Magnet live on last year's regular album release tour at Dock's Club Hamburg.
Although I have been a faithful fan for many years, it was the first Monster Magnet show for me and they did not disappoint! I definetely wanted to see them live again.
I did not expect that it would be so soon, but when I read that they were goin on tour again, this time playing exclusively the entire "Dopes To Infinity Album" - I just had to go!

To be able to watch the show in Berlin added an extra bonus to the whole thing, although I would have loved to see The Magnet at Grosse Freiheit in Hamburg.

Monster Magnet had not promised too much: They indeed performed the entire 'Dopes' album plus a couple of extra hits, such as 'Powertrip' and of course 'Space Lord'.

As this show once more proved, Monster Magnet are one of the most successful and influential bands associated with the so-called underground "stoner rock" scene.

And yet, as I heard tonight yet again, their influences span much further than that scene's foundations in '70s hard rock and metal, delving into space rock, psychedelia, and beyond......







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...